Search This Blog

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Seriously

"Marti, I've been thinking...." I said, brushing the sweat off my pretty blonde brow.

"Yes?" Marti asked, "Why that serious look on your face?"

I shuffled my feet. "Umm, this research volleyball of ours, it's been swapping us into random people for as long as we hold it.  I doubt we'll ever swap back randomly into our original bodies back at the lab."

"Yes, I know," sighed Marti, "The calculations were off.  I'm working on it."  I walked over and gave Marti a hug and a light kiss. Before Marti could respond, I blurted:

"Let's just stay like this, Marti! The sun & surf, my bikini, it's perfect. My body, and your body---they're all so perfect I just wanna cry!  You are beautiful, Marti, and I don't want you to change, and I don't want to change either, and...and...." I said, starting to shed a tear.

Marti shushed me and whispered, "I'm with you.  Seriously, you want to give up being a scientist?"

"Yes, and be your girlfriend!" I cried, tossing the science volleyball into the sea, "Yes, oh yes!"  Watching me, Marti smiled as the volleyball floated away, knowing that some lucky person out there would pick it up and discover a world of adventures.

2 comments:

Please leave some comments; I love to hear from readers like you. ^ ^