Search This Blog

Friday, January 12, 2018

Great Film! - YOUR NAME (Kimi no Na wa) - 君の名は

I've just had the pleasure of watching a new TG Anime film: Your Name (Kimi no Na wa 君の名は), by Makoto Shinkai (2016).  It's a story about a high school girl in rural Japan and a high school boy in Tokyo who swap bodies.  I highly recommend it to you!  It is funny and beautifully animated---and it's TG! ;) 

I have been a fan of Makoto Shinkai's work since his very first film Voices of a Distant Star (Hoshi No Koe ほしのこえ), which was not TG.  Your Name is very nice, and it happens to feature a TG love story and also one of my favorite themes, the Japanese legend: Red String of Fate!  Two people who are connected in this way are bound together by Fate itself.  A dream...a shared destiny....

The film is lovely, and it's cute; it also did very well at the box office and is internationally acclaimed, which is wonderful.  I hope that we will see more of these kinds of creations in the future. 

Some photos and the link to the movie trailer to whet your appetite (and I hope that you will watch this film!).  Lemme know what ya think if you watch the film. ;) 

<3 karen 



4 comments:

  1. Thanks to you, I finally watch this anime. Absoluetly loved it even if I didn't know at first it was tg themed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice, you are back! Why don't you write to me or comment more often? I want to hear your little giggles! <3 karen

      Delete
    2. Yup sorry, i've been away for a long time and have a lot of catchup to do^^

      Delete

Please leave some comments; I love to hear from readers like you. ^ ^